I love summer, but I hate summer. When you are in the bitter grasp of winter and the mere action of a deep breath stings your lungs, you long for the warmth of the summer sun. Adversely, when you are sweating your rear off in 100 degree plus heat where the humidity is thick enough to suffocate you the moment you step outside, you beg for the briskness of the winter snow.
But its not just the weather. I feel like summer is a constant state of "running out of time". Maybe its because we are simply biding our time until we have to get the kids back into school. Or maybe its because retail has made us in a consistent pattern of looking to what's coming next instead of enjoying what's now. You head to the store because you have put off buying a snow shovel long enough, and all you see are bathing suits and gardening tools. And you by the time you realize you need that new pool float, all you can find are school supplies.
Its sad though, because I am at a point where I feel like perhaps things will slow down a little once the summer is over...maybe its just because we will get into a routine.
And yet now it is fall. And I love this time of year! Its my favorite. Its cool and fresh and you get to wear hoodies - my all time favorite piece of clothing! And even though its fall, the months are slipping past...September is gone and October is in full swing. Next thing we know it will be Halloween (and Vince's birthday), and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then another year will be completed. Do things ever slow down???
No comments:
Post a Comment