I can't say that I ever really pegged myself to be a comfort food eater...but after last week, I definitely think that I am. I have been so moody this past week (and no its not that time of the month at all). I have been yelling at my husband and getting so frustrated with the kids, and all over stupid stuff. On Sunday evening, I sat on the deck and wondered what in the world was wrong with me that I would over react over such stupid things. And I often felt the desire to just eat...I didn't care if it was more than my DP or that I was dipping into my WP. I wasn't even hungry! And I wanted to eat anyway. I did go for a bike ride with my son and step-son on Saturday, so that helped some. And after wading through the weekend barely keeping my WP from going completely out of control, I made the conscious choice to use some of my DPs on two glasses of wine. I am not really a drinker but I just really needed to relax. And afterward I felt world's better....not to metion that fact that my husband and I made up (that helped A LOT too). Sometimes we just really need alone time together to reconnect...it truly helps us from being at each other's throats about stupid stuff.On Monday, I was motivated to try the first day of the Couch to 5K program that I downloaded on my iPod. Shwoo! The question was, "Can I run?" And after yesterday, the answer was a resounding "NO!". I made it only through the first minute of running and then 30 seconds of the second stint of running. I couldn't breathe. My chest was BURNING! Do I just not know what I am doing? Am I doing it wrong? Or am I just really that out of shape. I know that I am really that out of shape, but geez. It was definitely disheartening. I tried not to let it discourage me and continued to walk for about 45 minutes. Maybe I should get into a walking routine before I try anything crazy like running! Lol.
So I guess the end result is that I am comfort foodie (an emotional eater). And I am horrible at running (at least right now).
No comments:
Post a Comment