Friday, October 21, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

I am beginning to think that I may have made a great decision about the time of year to start WW. I mean, if you think of the negatives...Halloween is coming, Thanksgiving is coming, and then Christmas! And you know the common theme for all three of those holidays is FOOD. So better to start now and learn some good habits before tackling those smorgasboards of food that will inevitably come.




I must say though that this past weekend was tougher than normal to not just eat "just because". It was my 8 year old son's birthday pary - a sleepover, and that proved to be a bit of a challenge. I didn't use too many of my points the first part of the day on Sunday because I wanted to make sure that I left some wiggle room for dinner and party festivities. We had hot dogs over the fire (and burgers on the grill for the adults), and Doritos, and homemade mac and cheese for dinner. Then for dessert the kids made s'mores and we had dirt pie available. Only a couple of the kids wanted dirt pie (most opted for s'mores), but the adults opted for the dirt pie. I left room in my points to have a small helping of dirt pie (1/2 cup) and one s'more. The thing was, I didn't really need the dirt pie....or the s'more, I just wanted it....and used every single daily point I had.



The next day was Saturday and we ate scrambled eggs with cheese in the morning and sausage in the morning (turkey sausage), tuna fish sandwiches for lunch and then goulash for dinner. The goulash baffles me, because I used the recipe builder to figure out how many points per serving, but it just didn't make sense. My goulash recipe consists of one box of rotini noodles (1 lb box), one pound of lean ground beef, minced onions, one 15oz can of tomato sauce and one can of water. The recipe makes about twelve 1 cup servings, and according to the WW recipe builder, one cup is equal to 3 points. What doesn't make sense to me is that one cup of just noodles is 8 points, so how can one cup of the mixture (mainly beef and noodles) be only 3 points. It just doesn't make sense to me. Am I doing something wrong?



This month (September) has just stunk. BAD! I mean seriously, we have had maybe 3 or 4 days of sunshine in the entire month and rain almost EVERY DAY! And when it is gloomy outside (especially when I am home and chilling out the couch), all I want to do is eat. Even when I am not hungry....its just that kind of weather. And now its started to get cold (kind of all of a sudden) and its STILL raining which makes it even worse. Its comforting to curl on the couch in your sweats and eat....whatever. So, September (at least the last two weeks) have consisted of a battle of wills, and I am just hoping that even if the cold stays, the rain doesn't and I get some freedom from the comfort food cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment