Friday, October 21, 2011

A Sense of Panic...

Week three started yesterday and my weight loss wasn't as substantial as the week before. I only lost 2.6 lbs this past week, but that made for a total of 8.3 lbs since the beginning.




I was reading the article written by WW veterans about how to stick with it, because it popped up as a suggested article for this week. Well, I noticed one thing they said is definitely true...you gotta plan ahead. I have prepped myself at work with food for breakfast that I can eat that not only stick with me, but they only cost me between 4 and 6 pts. I also have a bunch of water bottle flavor packets to encourage the water drinking. And right now I have 40 pts daily, so I don't seem to have a problem with planning for dinner. Usually I have a minium of 20+ pts leaving work so I have plenty of room for dinner. However, I feel that I panic if I don't plan ahead for lunch. If I don't pack my lunch, whether it be a sandwich or a frozen meal, then my only option is to run out and get something. I only have 30 mins for lunch, so that tends to make me panic about fast food. I know that I can go to Taco Bell (which is right around the corner), not spend much, and get 2 tacos fresco style for only about 7 pts. (one chicken soft taco, and one beef crunchy taco) and that is plenty for lunch. But what if I don't feel like tacos? Then what? Do I blow it all on a burger or a chicken sandwich that is massive, and that is all in an effort to forgo fried foods. I can skip on the fries, and that's not a big deal. But I feel this panic set in as I start to search websites and use my calculator to find what will work with minimum points. I guess I need to just do the research ahead of time so that I know what my options are (like Taco Bell) when it comes down to it.



I just feel safer (less panicky) in general when I prepare the food. I went to a friend's house for dinner the other night for a PTA meeting, and she had lasagna. Well a serving of lasagna is generally speaking 1/12th of a 13x9 pan. Well the hostess had precut the lasagna into 9 pieces...and they were big. And I didn't want to offend anyone by not taking a full piece (which I am sure probably wouldn't have offended anyone anyway, but that's what was in my head), so I did. I made sure that I filled up on salad too with a moderate amount of light dressing, but I just know that I could have done better. And I know that I finished feeling way too full (and "fool" for that matter!). It was also the first time I had eaten "out" with friends and it wasn't my immediately family since I started WW. Luckily, I had some activity points from that day and I didn't even dip into my weekly allowance. BUT....I knew that I could have done better. I just need to make sure that I remain diligent.



Tonight, is my son Jacob's 8th birthday party. We are hopefully going to do a camp out in the backyard (weather pending)....roast some hot dogs over the fire and make s'mores. I'm prepared. If they can't sleep out in the tent, they may all end up in the house (only 6 of them total, so not too bad). I am just worried it might be too damp and chilly out for them to sleep outside. I would hate to have six sick kids tomorrow! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment