I gotta admit, I've been a little down about my weight loss lately. Have I gained? No. Am I losing? Yes. Am I happy about it? Yes.
I work with at least one other person that works with me that has been doing Weight Watchers the entire time that I have. He really has been a great motivator for me, and I gotta say that I probably wouldn't have joined if it weren't for him. He signed up right around Memorial Day and he has been very successful! He has just recently reached "Maintenance" and has lost a total of about 50lbs. Its been very helpful to have someone to talk about it with, especially considering there are others that we work with that are very negative about the whole thing. Everyone that sees him mentions how great he looks and how much weight he has lost. I am very very happy for him. He looks great! We look at pictures from work from before and after and the difference is truly drastic.
After I had lost about 20lbs I saw a woman that I haven't seen in months, and she went on and on about how much weight I had lost and I kinda thought it was funny because I hardly ever see that woman. Lol. But of course it felt great. And then my brother mentioned at Thanksgiving that my face looked thinner and that he thought that I had lost all 20 lbs in my chin. Lol. My brother is ridiculous.
I saw a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. She is a real fit freak. I mean, she barely weighs over 100 lbs and goes to the gym for 2 hours EVERY DAY. I mentioned to her that I had joined WW and that I was working on losing weight. I was wearing jeans and a hoodie (which were both big on me), and I said that she probably couldn't even tell that I had lost 30lbs in the outfit that I was wearing. And she responded by saying, "Well, I'm not sure if you had gained any weight since the last time I saw you." Well that kind of hurt. I weigh less now (and even at the time of the interaction) that I ever had in the entire time that I have known her!
On Christmas Eve, one of the managers at my work came into our office and mentioned how great my friend looked and how she couldn't get over how much weight he had lost. And my friend and another co-worker told her that I had lost a lot of weight too (30lbs). I was in earshot of this conversation, and what really bothered me was that then she came up to me and said, "Oh, Katie. Are you losing weight?" Ha! Like that wasn't the biggest crock! She hadn't noticed anything - someone had to tell her! And frankly I would have preferred if she had just gone on not noticing then to act fake about it.
My friend was encouraging and he said that you can definitely tell that I have lost weight. And I appreciate him for that.
I called my husband on the way home and I cried. I said that I was hurt that all my clothes were falling off me and no one even seemed to notice. He said, "Why do you care what other people think of you? You aren't doing this for them." Sometimes he can be wise, even if I don't want to hear what he has to say. I know that I am doing this for me....and not all the people who have called me fat or thought about how fat I was. I am doing to make ME feel better. To set a good example for my son. Me. This is the one time in my life that I am being selfish. I am focusing on me. But it sure would make me feel better if someone else noticed. Its nice to be encouraged. Its nice to feel good about yourself. But I guess I have to not expect that from others. Look in the mirror and feel good about myself. Cinch my belt one notch tighter and feel good about myself. Look like a clown in my bag old pants, and feel good about myself. And keep on trucking, because I am not done yet. I have a lot more left to feel good about myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment