Saturday, January 2, 2010

The White Load

So apparently, I put too much thought into my laundry. I mean, I just have such mixed feelings towards the whites load. Generally speaking, its alright, we get along. It gives me satisfaction and an overall good feeling to know that I will now be able to restock my supply of clean underwear, but sometimes I am just so perplexed by the ambiguity of it.

It has you completely unable to judge the proper amount of umpf to put into the removal of the garments for folding.

You reach into the dryer to pull out what you are expecting to be an adult, long sleeved shirt that is probably entertwined in the conglomeration of clothes with which you will need to exert some effort to untangle - just to be surprised and often knocked off kilter to determine that it was merely a tank top that snaps free with little to no effort!

And I do believe that, without a doubt, socks are my arch nemesis. I am inevitably losing them or even worse, attempting to pull them out of the drum without getting a solid grip and dropping them on the dirty basement floor.

This happens not only when I am pulling them out of the dryer, but when I am putting them IN the dryer too - and seriosly what a pan in the butt to have a wet bundle of sock fall onto a dirty floor so that remaining wetness acts like a glue to the dirt particles, sawdust, etc that has accumulated on the basement concrete. AUGH!

When I was sharing these feelings of puzzlement with Vince this evening while unloading the bewildering whites load - he gawked at me with his mouth gaping like I had completely fallen off my rocker. Apparently, I am the only one who puts thought into their laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment