Monday, January 25, 2010

Things To Do This Week

OKay, as many of you know, right now I have a lot of time on my hands.  I am trying to build my Partylite business but am failing miserably at the moment.  So I feel the need to get some work done around the house....I would desperately like to redo my bathrooms (either of them), but that's a totally wasted idea when we are planning to remodel them both.  I would also like to do our bedroom, but we need to do some construction to fix part of it.  And not to mention, we just don't have the money for it.

So....I have decided I will do some pre-spring spring cleaning.  Here is the list to accomplish this week:

    1.  Clean out the buffet - Right now the drawer is cluttered to the point I can barely open it.  And I have a bunch of holiday type stuff in the bottom, but things tend to fall out when I open the door - so that's no good.  I am gonna move the documents down into the "office" that are currently taking up all the room in the drawer.  And then move out the holiday stuff (or at least most of it) so that I can use the bottom primarily for tablecloths, placemats, etc.





    2.  Clean out the linen closets (the ones in the hall and in the bathroom).  This won't take long, so it should be an easy job.




    3.  Clean out my bedroom closet.  As much as I would love to be optimistic about weight loss, there are ton of clothes that I can't fit in or never wear, so I would like to clean them out.  Not to mention all the shoes that I could clean out...and purses.  Then maybe my closet door will actually shut and stay shut.



    4.  Here's the doozy.  Its kind of two fold.  The first part is cleaning out the boy's closet (Jacob and Cameron's).  I want to do this when they are not here.  Usually they are pretty good when I tell them its time to clean out their closet and donate toys to boys and girls that don't have any, but the problem is they aren't making a big enough dent.  Right now, they have a toy box on the floor of their closet that takes up all of the floor space, and the toys overflow making the doors bow.  So, I plan to clean it out and get rid of a lot of stuff.  I also plan to move the toy box into the basement along with most of their toys since they kids are really taking to using the basement as a playroom - even though its not quite finished (studs up, but no walls, no insulation, no heat, and no flooring on part of it except the concrete.  I also want to organize the toys down there.  Eventually, I would like to get storage stuff from Ikea for it, but that is going to have to wait until we have some money - so for now I will use what we have and see how it goes. 




    5.  Last but not least, I would like to organize/better setup/clean up the laundry area.  We have our laundry area in the basement as well - which will eventually be a 3/4 bath with laundry when all is said and done (but that is going to be awhile).  Regardless there is some stuff I can do to it now to make it more functional, etc.  There is the washer and dryer (which are dirty with stuff sitting all over it), and there is a big table that I use to fold clothes, sort piles, etc (which also needs to be cleaned).  I have a tendency to drop clothes when moving them from one machine to the next or from the dryer to the folding table, and unfortunately thr floor is still the concrete and it always get the clothes dirty as I drop things.  Frustrating!  I also need a place to hang clothes to keep them from getting wrinkled or to air dry them.  So far I have been using the exposed plumbing, which I really don't like to do for fear of breaking and bursting the pipes!  So now I have a portable hanging rack to use.  So I just want to organize it all a little to make it more functional and try to improve having to use it all the time.



    There's a few other odds and ends I want to do too.  I want to put pads on the bottom of my kitchen chairs cause they are scratching my hard wood floors.  I want to patch the holes in the living room from when Vince had to lower the mirror and repaint them.  And I want to print some more pictures for the frame ledges that flank both sides of the mirror.

    So....lots to do.  Lots to do.  It will be easier if Vince is out of the house to get any of this done, though!  Hopefully, he will spend the week working, and I can get some stuff done.  I also have an interview scheduled for Wednesday @ 10:30am.  Cross your fingers and I will give you updates as I go!

    1 comment:

    1. Don't forget to measure the height of the shelves in those closets for me as you go!

      ReplyDelete