I am in Week 7 of my Weight Watcher's journey and one of the things on my WW To Do List this week is to set a goal. It suggests to give yourself a deadline....if you have an event coming up, what do you want to accomplish by then? Well, I don't really have an event coming up....unless you count going to Pigeon Forge with my family. That happens to coincide with my 32nd birthday. SO. That will be my deadline. I have to admit I am cautiously optimistic...well, at least trying to be. I mean, I have set a lot of goals in the past and not accomplished them. Possibly because I lost focus, or completely forgot about it, or it wasn't easy enough....especially when it comes to losing weight. However, this WW thing actually seems to be working (17.7 lbs lost in 6 weeks), so I guess I will give it a shot. Its gonna take work though, because to make this goal, I will need to lose about 2lbs a week for the next 6 months. Wow...that seems far away....really far away. But I feel better about myself. I feel better about my eating habits, and my choices, and they way my body responds to food. I feel like I am learning...and its good. And I want to keep it going. So, here's my goal.
Goal: To weigh under 200lbs by my 32nd birthday. That means to lose 43lbs in 24 weeks (6 months).
I think that I might need to get better at earning activity points for this to work (meaning earning them by doing more than house cleaning). I did sign up for two 5k walks today for this month. That's a good start, right? But winter is coming (quickly based on Saturday's snow storm), and that limits outside stuff. Guess I need to figure this out.
Sidebar: My sister, Kristy, is coming home from Africa tomorrow (she's been there 4 months). I am kinda excited :-D!
Goal: To weigh under 200lbs by my 32nd birthday. That means to lose 43lbs in 24 weeks (6 months).
I think that I might need to get better at earning activity points for this to work (meaning earning them by doing more than house cleaning). I did sign up for two 5k walks today for this month. That's a good start, right? But winter is coming (quickly based on Saturday's snow storm), and that limits outside stuff. Guess I need to figure this out.
Sidebar: My sister, Kristy, is coming home from Africa tomorrow (she's been there 4 months). I am kinda excited :-D!

No comments:
Post a Comment