I posted the good news on Facebook, but I would be leaving so many good friends hanging if I didn't post a blog about it too. We are on week 4, that means 8 more weeks to go. Its been a rough start, a slow go if you will. Vince has gotten a lot of heckling the past couple weeks, and I know that I have instigated most of it. What can I say? Jealousy will do that to you. At this point, Vince has lost over 16 lbs. SIXTEEN POUNDS! Oh if it were only that easy, I would be almost a quarter of the way to my weight loss goal for the new year. So of course there will be a bit of animosity - who wouldn't feel the same way!?!
Well this week was finally a turning point - which may be a bit premature for me to say, but positive thinking, right? So Vince lost about 2.5 lbs this past week. I, however, finally made a dent. I stood on the scale in the bathroom as I do most weeks. My mom and dad have one of those great scales that announces your weight for you - which pretty much follows the general rule for our family - no privacy. ;-) You tap the scale with your foot and it clearing states, "Hello.
I'm ready", which is your invitation to step on and await your results. You wait patiently as the scale's monitor reading fluctuates up and down, teasing you of what number it will land on. Then it proudly proclaims that it has come to a decision, and it announces with very clear pronunciation, "TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS", with this oh-so-odd inflection on the SIXTY. I looked down to be sure it read right. I actually lost weight? And not just a portion of a pound? YES! I couldn't even do the math in my head so I typed it into Mom's spreadsheet. I lost 4.2 lbs. Shwoo. Sure makes things feel like they are worth it.
Regardless, I have been going to the gym regularly. And it makes me feel good. It makes me feel good to feel like I am working towards something. It makes me feel good when my arms are sore and my legs are wobbly. It helps me get rid of the stress of not having a job, and worrying about money.
So I continue to go to the gym. I continue to make myself feel better while trying to make myself better.
You are amazing!! Great job and keep up the good work!! Miss you friend!
ReplyDelete