So I just updated my goals for 2012. I think that I was maybe 50% completion at best. AT BEST. I just completely lost track of it. I mean, I forgot all about my list until it was too late to do it all. That happens way to often. But I try to not beat myself up. I don't make these lists to live or die by. I make them to determine specific things that I would like to do throughout the year. Its not like a "bucket list", just stuff that I strive to do or complete. Kristy mentioned that in January, you never know what the year is going to hold and so often God takes all of your "plans" and dumps them all upside down. :-) But that's okay. He does it for good reason. He does it for us...and for His will. If we are true followers of Christ, we have to allow space for God to use us as He sees fit. That doesn't mean you don't make plans, it just means hold those plans loosely to make room for God.
So here goes...my goals for 2013!
1. Go away with my husband....just the two of us. We have been married for going on three years and we have only been away together once...for two nights when we went to Rob and Heather's wedding...and Vince was sick the entire time. So, I would like for the two of us to go away even if its just for a weekend...just the two of us.
2. Do something that makes me feel self-conscious. This is kind left open for interpretation. There a lot of things that make me feel self-conscious...about any number of things...weight, etc. We went parasailing this past summer, and I was definitely nervous about it. What if I weighed too much? What if something happened and rope snapped and we plunged into the dark waters. This could be anything.
3. "Make It A Good Day" for 30 days. WGTS radio station was encouraging "Make It A Good Day" for the month of January. The idea is to strive to make it a good day for someone else every day for the month. I think its a good idea...so I am going to try it...just not in January. So for 30 days, I am going to "Make It A Good Day".
4. Read 13 New Books. That's one new book a month plus one additional. I don't care if they are fiction or non-fiction, I just want to start reading. I didn't do it last year and I missed it from the year before.
5. Do a physical activity with Jake once a month. Maybe we go hiking. Maybe we go geo-caching. Maybe we go to the lake. Maybe a bike ride. Or maybe we just for a walk downtown. Just something to get moving.
6. Take Jake to a new state. We already have this one planned :-). Mom, Dad, and I are taking Jake to Georgia in May. We are making lists of all the things that we want to see.
7. Monthly family events. We did this last year. We made it until summer and then schedules just got crazy and things got really hard to arrange because our weekends with Vince's kids got all messed up. The kids really liked it, though, and asked about doing it again this year. So we are doing it again. Here is the plan for this year:
- January - Family (we have so much already planned)
- February - Ally
- March - Cameron
- April - Katie
- May - Jacob
- June - Cameron
- July - Vince
- August - Ally
- September - Jacob
- October - Vince
- November - Katie
- December - Family (this month is pretty packed with family stuff)
9. Write my own list of 1000 gifts. Identifying the everyday things right in front of my face that I am thankful for.
10. Invite "new friends" over for dinner 12 times throughout the year. We want to reach out to others and the best way we know to do this is through hospitality. So we want to try and build some new relationships - whoever they may be.
11. Use my bread maker. This is a carryover from last year. I have it...and have never used it. So I just want to actually finally use it.
12. Can Something. I have never done this before, but I read a lot about it last year. It also kind of feeds my weird desire to kind of be a "prepper".
13. Try 20 new recipes. This is a little daunting. We very easily get into routines and eat the same things over and over and over again. When I ask Vince what he wants for dinner and repeats the same things week after week. Let's widen that variety a little.
Thirteen goals for 2013. Here goes. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment